Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spoiler Alert: American Idol 10 - Top 13 Performance Recap


Here's a recap of American Idol Season 10 - Top 13 Performances from @john_socal who was at the taping on Tuesday, March 8.

Wow. So I really wasn't that excited about the season but this show turned me around.

First we ended up sitting behind and above the stage directly behind the American idol sign. You should be able to see us when ryan comes down the staircase at the start haha.

They had the audience do several waves shots for the opening. I have to admit it was kind of fun.

Before the show started they brought the top 13 out to say hi. Then they did a bunch of camera shots of them on stage with serious and smiley faces. They were totally ignoring Debbie the stage manager who wanted them in a circle facing out. She had to "mom" them into position.

Then the judges came out. JLo looked amazing as usual although I can't remember what she was wearing #fail. Tyler looked much better dressed than that pink think he was wearing. Dawg was wearing like a sports jersey - unimpressed. They talked to the audience for a while when they had a technical problem getting the first contestant story going. Tyler found a hot girl in the audience to hug and kiss - blech. JLo was thanking everyone for buying her single. Nigel and Simon Fuller were out in view the whole show.

First one up was Lauren Alaina. She sang Shinia Any Man of Mine. Her voice was quite amazing and pitch perfect. The song wasn't my favorite but I don't know Shinia. Judges thought it didn't show off her voice the best but said she could sing anything.

Next up was Casey Abrams sing Joe Cocker Little Help from my Friends. He came down the center staircase and sang on the stairs then to the stage. It was an amazing performance. Judges loved it. He was excited about the comments. They do a shot of each contestant as they go off stage with their opinion of how they did. I think he was wearing leather.

Next Ashton Jones doing Diana Ross When u tell me u love me. barry gordy was in the audience cuz producers said he had to see it. It was so flat. Of all the Diana ross songs, she picks one that no one knows. Judges say as much. It was really not good in my opinion. She could be in danger. Dressed full diva.

Next Paul McDonald singing Ryan Adams Come Pick Me Up. Nobody knew the song. He was doing these crazy dance moves. He sounded like Macy Gray (copyright Scott). Ryan makes fun of the dance moves. JLo said she never heard the song. Judges mediocre comments but they love him. It was karaoke to the max in my opinion. I just don't get him. Again wearing weird Elvis clothes. I think he'd be my pick for votefortheworst.

Next Up was Pia singing Celine Dion When you Tell me U Love me. She started out low and a bit weird but really brought it midway and at the end. Judges loved it.

James Durbin sang Paul McCartney Maybe I'm Amazed. I became mildly interested in him last week with the Judas Priest. I had put him in the Adam Lambert screamfest category from the start. They totally cleaned him up. new hair cut, no facial hair. Best dressed - total cool rocker look. His voice was just amazing live. You will play this over and over. I predict he will sell the most on itunes this week by major numbers. I was so impressed. Humble too. Judges were speechless. Total love. He could win it all. In my opinion, sang better than Paul McCartney (when he could still sing)

Haley did Leann Rimes Blue with this weird yodel. She sang it really good although I'm not familiar with the song. Her and James were up in our section for a shot before they sang. She's quite stunning. I'm sure she will be safe. I think Randy said it made him sleepy lol

Next Jacob Lusk RJ Kelly I can Fly - ugh, I'm not a fan of this kind of singing but he was really hitting some amazing notes. The guy can definitely sing. They pimped him out with 6 gospel singers. Judges loved it.

Thia sang Michael Jackson Smile . the first part was a nice solo but then she went into this jazzy remix that just didn't work. judges were nice but Simon would have said pack your bags.

Stefano sang Stevie Wonder Lately. His voice is amazing. No one was very familiar with the song. He probably could have picked a better song but his voice is just amazing. His brother was in the audience that looked like his double. R they twins? Him and James are very obviously very good friends and rooting for each other. In fact the whole cast seems very happy and supportive of each other. He was looking smoking hot in leather and a tie I believe.

Karen sang Selena If I Fall in Love. I dunno. I didn't like it all. I think she could be in danger. Simon would say forgettable.

Scotty sang Garth Brooks The River. The crowd obviously loves him. He sang spot on with these really cheesy Beverly Hillbilly backgrounds. He's a frontrunner for sure as we've seen on dialidol. Just wearing a blue cowboy shirt. Nigel had the audience swaying, ie he was pimping him

Naima closed it with Rhianna umbrella. She had the most energy. Good dancer. She rapped. She reggaed but in the end she didn't sing very well tonight. The judges blamed it on her doing too much and not able to focus on breath control. I'm sure she's safe.

At the end the 13 came on stage as they showed the numbers. Stefano and James were jumping and high fiving each other as they showed their numbers. I just love the comradery.



No comments:

Post a Comment