Saturday, March 5, 2011

Meet TV5's Primetime Princesses: The Kapatid Network 'Royalty'



The Kapatid network introduces the new faces of Primetime - 6 reasons to switch network, 6 faces that will surely capture our hearts, 6 lovely young ladies that are expected to shine even brighter as they make their mark in TV5’s upcoming primetime programs. They are: Eula Caballero, Ritz Alzul, Jasmine Curtis-Smith, Arci Muñoz, Danita Paner and Alex Gonzaga.




Eula, at 15 the youngest of the six, is the grand winner of Star Factor, TV5’s first-ever star search.

Profile:

• Full Name: Lou Eula May Caballero Simo
• Nicknames: Eulzee, Bingkay
• Birthday: May 23, 1995
• School: University of San Carlos – North Campus (Cebu City)
• Twitter Account: imeulacaballero

How has your life changed after Star Factor?

I have learned to be responsible especially when it comes to schedules. When there are meetings and tapings, grabe! I have dropped my habit of putting my alarm clock on ‘Snooze’ from time to time. Hahahahaha! I have become more careful about what I say or do. Also, wala na munang boyfriend-boyfriend. That’s it! Kasi if bawal before, more pa now!

Do you intend to go back to school?

Yes. Other than being in showbiz, I have always wanted to be a lawyer then. But I should finish high school muna. I’m in fourth year.”

What do you miss most about Cebu?

My school uniform, swear! Weird, ‘no? You know why? Kasi, I’m very particular about my uniform. Ayoko ng gusot at marumi. After class when I drop by the mall, I still wear my uniform even if it’s bawal. Oops! That’s supposed to be a secret! Sa atin na lang, ha!




Also a Star Factor graduate, Ritz will soon be launched in a lead role in the drama series Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak.

Profile:

• Full name: Ritz Ann Riggie V. Alzul
• Nickmane: Ritz
• Birthday: Jan. 11, 1994
• School: Lyceum of the Philippines University (BS Accountancy freshman)
• Twitter Account: (e-mail) ritz_alzul@yahoo.com

What do you do in your spare time?

I talk to my parents. We discuss our projects for the youth of Diladila, Sta. Rita, Pampanga. I am the SK chairperson there. Sometimes I also surf the Internet, read books and ride my motorbike.”

Are you into sports? How often do you play?

Occasionally, I play badminton and volleyball when I’m on vacation with my cousins, family and friends. That’s our bonding moments.”

What’s your fondest wish now that you are in showbiz?

To be one of those bright shining stars. I want to continue being a role model especially to the youth. Also, to save enough money for college to pursue my dream to become a lawyer.





More than a celebrity little sister to her Ate Anne, Jasmine is determined to make a name of her own as she stars in the remake of Ang Utol Kong Hoodlum with JC de Vera.

Profile:

• Full Name: Jasmine Casandra O. Curtis-Smith
• Nicknames: Jaz, Jas, Baby, Curt
• Birthday: April 6, 1994
• School: Loyola College
• Twitter Account: @jascurtissmith

What’s one thing you can’t live without?

Lip balm and my BlackBerry. I hate it when my lips are dry and chapped. I contact my loved ones through my BB and update Twitter, too!

What are you taking up in college?

So far, I’m undecided. I’m interested in theater, photography and film, though. Who knows? I might change my mind again.”

What’s in your bag?

Depends on how big my bag is. When it’s small, I have my BlackBerry, mints, lip balm, lipstick, lip gloss and my ATM card or some cash. When it’s a big bag, all of the above plus perfume, tissue, sunnies, charger, iTouch and other things that I need daily.”




Having proven her acting mettle as an antagonist in My Driver Sweet Lover, Arci gets her biggest break also as lead role in Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak.

Profile:

• Full Name: Ramona Cecilia D. Muñoz
• Nicknames: Mona, Arci
• Birthday: Jan. 12, 1989
• School: UP Diliman
• Twitter Account: (Secret!)

Is it easier for you to tackle dramatic roles because of your theater background?

Actually. Having a theater background helps a lot. When I was taking up Theater Arts, we had subjects like Voice Enhancement, Theater History and Technical Background, Theater Acting, etc. I apply everything I learned from school in every role/character I do. It’s easier for me to reach out to the audience. In theater they don’t just teach acting. What’s important is for you to develop self-confidence. I can say that I won’t be the person I am now if not for theater.”

What’s the name of your band? Will you still join them in the gigs?

What people don’t know is that I’m a rocker at heart. I grew up listening to Pantera, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana, The Beatles, Garbage, Deftones, Silverchain, Paparoach, etc. Their kind of music influenced me to form my own band. In 2008, my bandmates (X Uy on guitars, Dion Ignacio on rhythm, Tim Toribio on bass and Paulo Pampuan on drums) started a female-fronted, post-melodic hardcore band called PHiLia, a Greek word that means brotherly love. We started playing in bars in Metro Manila and even out of town. Despite my busy showbiz schedule, I still manage to sit down and write songs with my bandmates. I love music so much so I keep going back to what I used to do before I joined showbiz.”

What is your beauty ritual before you go to sleep?

I make sure I take off my make-up, wash my face with regular facial wash and then I apply moisturizer. Once in a while, I make my own facial organic mask. I read somewhere that egg white tightens the skin, I tried it once and it worked! That’s it.




Danita is the rock diva who starred with JC de Vera in My Driver Sweet Lover. She is bound to prove her versatility as a total performer in the programs the network has lined up for her.

Profile:

• Full Name: Danita Gomez Paner
• Nicknames: Dan, Danitsky, Danita, “Ferown”
• Birthday: April 12, 1989
• School: OB Montessori Greenhills, Reedley International and E.S.A
• Twitter Account: @danitapaner

If you were a rock song, what would you be?

I Think God Can Explain by Splender or New Age Girl by Dead Eye Dick.”

What do you find attractive in a guy?

I know for sure when I like a guy…when I can’t look at him straight in the eye. Weakness ko talaga ’yung eyes. But I’m more particular with the guy’s personality.”

What do you enjoy doing more, acting or singing?

My first love is really singing. I’ve been singing since I was a kid, influenced by my sister who is also into music scene back in the ‘80s. But now that I’m with TV5 as an actress, I become more and more challenged each time they give me a new role, though I believe that acting is a learning process. The more experience you have, the better you get, hopefully.”




Alex is the one who has been identified with TV5 the longest. She’s one of the main hosts of showbiz talk show Juicy and plays the role of Grace in TV5’s high-rating dramaserye Babaeng Hampaslupa (with an all-star cast led by Susan Roces).

Profile:

• Full Name: Catherine C. Gonzaga
• Nickname: Cathy, Cat, Alex
• Birthday: Jan. 16, 1988
• School: University of Asia & the Pacific
• Twitter Account: (Confidential)

What’s the best purchase that you made last year?

My car! I customized it! May bed na siya, dresser, hanger rod.”

Who handles your account?

My parents.”

What are you saving up for?

Probably my own house, just like my Ate Toni’s.


No comments:

Post a Comment